Structural Design Engineer The Netherlands, Olandijoje
– Analyze project specifications on structural design related project items and define the scope of work;
– Prepare design calculations for all structural design work within the scope, budget and schedule defined at the start of the project. Main emphasis should be to minimize fabrication cost and vessel time;
– Prepare procedures for using and testing the installation aids and discuss these procedures with the offshore personnel responsible for the execution and the project team;
– Perform detailed calculations using the appropriate in-house tools;
– Review subcontractor equipment design and installation methods;
– Co-ordinate fabrication work of installation aids fabricated in-house or by a subcontractor when required;
– Assist the Field Engineer onshore or offshore when required during the execution phase of the project. Responsible for the hand-over to the Field Engineer;
– Check reports of structural design work performed within the Engineering Department.
- HTS/TU Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering; - Minimum of 3 years experience, preferably in offshore engineering; - Good knowledge of Windows and MS Office applications; - Good command of the English language, both written and spoken; - Prepared to work offshore occasionally.