Senior Mechanical Engineer Eindhoven, Olandijoje
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you specify and deliver together with a team of approximately 10 designers and architects, high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and you are responsible for achieving optimal functionality and cost- effectiveness of the systems.
Your most important tasks at VDL ETG T&D are related to the development process according to PGP (Product
– Feasibility phase: the study of the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility and producibility of mechanical components
– Definition phase: coming up with a description of system design requirements and specifications
– System Design Phase: the generation of system design concepts and reviews
– Coming up up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements
– Defining the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
– Monitoring that the projects remain within the agreed specifications
– Using a helicopter view and creativity in order to find solutions in case of conflicts
– Detail phase: being part of a multidisciplinary team of approx. 10-15 designers/lead designers and architects
– System verification: Verification of design requirements and chosen concepts Production release: Release of the design for production.
- You have at least 10 years of relevant experience as a mechanical engineer and you are familiar with high-tech systems; - You have experience with design principles, precise positioning, dynamic behavior, material characteristics, clean room environment, design for reliability, vacuum design rules; - You have experience in coaching junior and medior mechanical engineers; - You have experience with planning (preferably MS projects) mechanical development during the complete V-model; - You have experience with DfX (value engineering, producibility, CoG, reliability, serviceability) ; - You have basic knowledge of calculations (FEM) in the area of thermal and mechanical designs; - You have experience with 3D design tools NX or PRO-E and Teamcenter; - You have experience with Matlab/Simulink or related development tools.
Fluent in English, at least C1 level.