As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you specify and deliver together with a team of approximately 10 designers and architects, high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and you are responsible for achieving optimal functionality and cost- effectiveness of the systems.
Your most important tasks at VDL ETG T&D are related to the development process according to PGP (Product
- Feasibility phase: the study of the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility and producibility of mechanical components
- Definition phase: coming up with a description of system design requirements and specifications
- System Design Phase: the generation of system design concepts and reviews
- Coming up up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements
- Defining the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
- Monitoring that the projects remain within the agreed specifications
- Using a helicopter view and creativity in order to find solutions in case of conflicts
- Detail phase: being part of a multidisciplinary team of approx. 10-15 designers/lead designers and architects
- System verification: Verification of design requirements and chosen concepts Production release: Release of the design for production.
- You have at least 10 years of relevant experience as a mechanical engineer and you are familiar with high-tech systems;
- You have experience with design principles, precise positioning, dynamic behavior, material characteristics, clean room environment, design for reliability, vacuum design rules;
- You have experience in coaching junior and medior mechanical engineers;
- You have experience with planning (preferably MS projects) mechanical development during the complete V-model;
- You have experience with DfX (value engineering, producibility, CoG, reliability, serviceability) ;
- You have basic knowledge of calculations (FEM) in the area of thermal and mechanical designs;
- You have experience with 3D design tools NX or PRO-E and Teamcenter;
- You have experience with Matlab/Simulink or related development tools.
Fluent in English, at least C1 level.